- The Sharjah Government Communication Award is an unparalleled initiative that was launched in September 2012 Under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Sultan bin Muhammad bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Sharjah
- Hosted by the Sharjah International Government Communication Centre, and instituted with the aim of highlighting outstanding achievements in the field of government communication, the Award today invites participation across diverse categories from government communication entities in the UAE and the Arab region.
- The Award is now recognised as a platform that promotes best practices in the field of government communication in the region. It also showcases the commendable work of media and communication students in varied specialisations as part of a priority to encourage their integration into the sector.
- This section builds on that progress so far, and proposes a re-fresh, and re-focus, of this award to allow it to achieve its full potential and deliver the desired impact for Sharjah, UAE, and the world.
A global platform to award public communication pioneers
Working with global partners, the Award aims to identify, recognize, and enable global pioneers who are advancing the thinking and practice of government communication and media and creating sustainable public value.
Sharjah Government Communication Award Objectives
- A global platform to enable sharing best practices in government communication, toward a more engaged and open future.
- An enabler to innovative thinking in the field of public communication.
- Recognizing and celebrating pioneers in the field of government communication who had demonstrated impact.