The Sharjah Government Communication Award represents a groundbreaking regional achievement and a globally significant and specialised recognition of excellence and innovation in government communication. It recognizes outstanding initiatives, campaigns, practices, and strategies that have a lasting impact. By selecting winners, the award showcases inspirational examples of enhancing communication between institutions and society, achieving meaningful and influential engagement.
Under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammed AlQasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, the Sharjah Government Media Bureau launched the award in September 2012 with the support and follow-up of the Executive Council, headed by Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Sharjah.
An influential role that promotes the concept of communication towards shaping a better future for the world.
- Strengthening competition and innovation
- Recognizing efforts
- Honouring best practices
- Honouring and highlighting best communication practices with tangible impact on communities and sectors in which they operate.
- Providing inspiring models for communication entities and departments around the world.
- Integrating government communication into countries development process.
- Support efforts to develop communication practices.
- Establish high standards and keep up with the changes in communication practices.
- Encourage competition among the entities involved in communication to support the higher interests of communities worldwide.