Departments and divisions
Department of Training and Skill Building
The Department of Training and Skills Building is responsible for developing and providing accredited training programmes and courses in all areas of government communication.
The training department aims to become a professional training platform that targets government communication specialists in the GCC countries, the Arab region, and around the world.
The department consists of a physical training centre based in Sharjah and another mobile centre that can meet governments’ training requirements in all areas of government communication, both inside and outside the UAE.
- To provide a variety of high-level and professional training programmes
- To develop the skills and knowledge of government communication professionals in the UAE and the Arab region
- To keep pace with the rapid changes in the required knowledge and skills in government communication and media
- To become the regional reference source in government communication in terms of training and skill building
- The Department of Training and Skills Building is responsible for developing and providing accredited training programmes and courses in all areas of government communication. The training department aims to become a professional training platform that targets government communication specialists in the GCC countries.
Network of Trainers
- Establish a wide network of trainers specialising in the required areas, both in and outside the UAE
- Work with academic institutions, and local and international accreditation bodies to transform the training programmes into internationally recognised professional certifications
Department of Research
The Department of Research provides knowledge-based content and an information database related to government communication, which includes, electronic and paper-based, research studies, books, publications, and international best practices.
The department is working towards becoming the main reference point to those working, researching, and studying in government communication and, to achieve this, it is currently working on translating specialised books, manuals, and magazines while developing research and case studies in cooperation with specialists in the field.
- To enrich the knowledge of those working, researching and studying government communication
- To exchange knowledge and research at the Arab and international levels, which will lead to the development of government communication sector, locally and regionally
- To accurately and comprehensively document the outputs of the IGCF and all relevant local, regional, and international case studies and experiences
Department of International Relations
The Department of International Relations is responsible for managing the external relations of IGCC while focusing on the regional and international dimensions of the Centre.
It focuses on this by developing a regional and international network of government communication professionals, by establishing and managing global partnerships, and through visits to international government communication offices and centres to learn more about worldwide best industry practices and exchange experiences.
- To build a regional and international network of government communication professionals to exchange knowledge and expertise
- To highlight the regional and international dimension of IGCC’s activities and initiatives
- To create opportunities for regional and global collaboration in all areas of government communication in support of the IGCF
Department of Academic Programmes
This department is responsible for designing academic programmes specialising in government communication through the development of a distinguished and comprehensive set of applied academic courses, which grant enrolled students an accredited diploma or master's degree.
These programmes aim to equip more government communication experts and specialists in the UAE and the Arab region with improved and enhanced skill sets.
- To design and develop academic and scientific specialisation in the field of government communication in the UAE and the wider Arab region
- To assist and help more government communication specialists, such as academics, researchers, and practitioners graduate, with sufficient knowledge and skills to work in government communication departments, both inside and outside the UAE
- To launch the first accredited academic diploma in government communication in the UAE and the Arab region
- To enhance the scientific status of Sharjah and the UAE in being pioneers for launching unique academic programmes